The SBA is conducting the fourth public meeting of the Interagency Task Force on Veterans Small Business Development. The meeting will be held Friday January 20, 2012 from 9am to 12pm in the Eisenhower Conference Room, Side A & B, located on the 2nd floor at 409 3rd Street SW., Washington, DC 20416.
The task force is directed at improving business and access to capital opportunities for veteran-owned small businesses (VOSBs) and service-disabled VOSBs. The task force focuses on the following six areas:
- Access to capital (loans, surety bonding and franchising);
- Ensure achievement of pre-established contracting goals, including mentor protégé and matching with contracting opportunities;
- Increase the integrity of certifications of status as a small business;
- Reducing paperwork and administrative burdens in accessing business development and entrepreneurship opportunities;
- Increasing and improving training and counseling services; and
- Making other improvements to support veteran's business development by the Federal government.
The meeting is open to the public; however you need to contact Raymond B. Snyder, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Veterans Business Development at email@example.com by January 13, 2012. Written comments should be emailed to the same email address.
Additional details and the Federal Register Notice are available at http://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/01/10/2012-261/interagency-task-force-on-veterans-small-business-development#p-6.